Skip to main content Skip to secondary navigation

Proof of International insurance for International Projects

Main content start

If your project takes you abroad, you will need to make sure you have international insurance coverage in addition to medical coverage. 

By endorsing that you have international insurance coverage in the Grant Application Portal you understand and agree that you are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining in effect for the full duration of your project (and, if asked, provide proof in documentation acceptable to Stanford) international coverage. Your international coverage must include 3 specific things:

  • Emergency medical care abroad
  • Emergency evacuation
  • Repatriation of remains

The easiest way to make sure you have the appropriate international coverage is to get an International Student Identification Card (ISIC), which can be obtained at the Bechtel International Center or online.

Note that if you have Cardinal Care, you do not need to provide additional proof of international coverage, as Cardinal Care does include all 3 of the additional requirements.